Sky News Australia: coroner qualifies deaths of MH17 passengers as 'mass murder'
Michael Barnes said the plane's downing was 'deliberate, malicious act on the other side of the world'
Australian coroner Michael Barnes has found the deaths of six NSW passengers in the Malaysia Airlines flight 17 crash were caused by 'deliberate, malicious acts on the other side of the world'. 38 Australian citizens and permanent residents of the country were killed when the plane they were travelling in was shot down on July 17, 2014.
'All of the deaths were the result of injury sustained as a result of a high altitude aircraft disintegration caused by the detonation of a war head,' Mr Barnes said at an inquest on Tuesday. 'The fatal injuries were inflicted as a result of a person, or persons who has, or have not yet, been identified by deliberately firing a missile equipped with an exploding warhead at the jet liner.'
Read the full article here.
MH17 investigation to call all suspects before 2017 2 October, 11:01
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
Mogherini: International community should support MH17 investigation 29 September, 13:35
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain