Situation stabilized in ATO area: 11 attacks reported over the day
Hiding behind civilians, militants fired Ukrainian position near Troitske from mortars
Since the beginning of the day the situation in the area of anti-terrorist operation (ATO) has somewhat stabilized, but also pro-Russian militants fired 11 times on the positions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) in Donbas. It is reported by the press center of the ATO headquarters.
"In Donetsk direction at night under enemy fire got three strongholds near Troitske. From territory of occupied Kalinove, hiding behind civilians, enemy hit our troops by mortars caliber 82 and 120 mm, "- said in a statement.
In addition, in Mariupol direction ATO strongholds close to Novotroitsk and Granitne got under attack from small arms, and positions near Mariinka - from weapons of BMP.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars