Sevastopol "Governor" advised Tatars to explore territory "in the mountains"
"Tatars were taken to Crimea as a tool for ukrainization of the territory"
The so-called "Governor" of Sevastopol Sergey Menyailo advised Crimean Tatars to explore the territory "high up in the mountains." He stated this in an interview with "Medusa".
“They came to me in 2014, saying: We want to have our own territory. I'm sorry, friends. You want to have your own territory? You are welcome. High up in the mountains there are undeveloped areas, please take them"- said the representative of the occupation authorities.
Menyailo also added that "if someone wants to live in another country, to road is opened for them."
On journalist’s comment that the Crimean Tatars want to live in the Crimea, Menyailo said "you just have to pay less attention to this, and sometimes have to talk more harshly."
Also "the Governor” said that the Crimean Tatars were taken to Crimea by Ukraine in opposition to Russian-speaking population, as a tool for the ukrainization of the territory."
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case