‘Gamer’, the film by Ukraine’s movie maker Oleg Sentsov, illegally imprisoned in Russia, was showed in the German capital. Local NGOs reported this on Thursday (Radio Liberty).
The show took place within frameworks of the Days of Solidarity with Crimean hostages in Berlin. The collected costs will go to financial support of the families of residents of Crimea who were arrested by pro-Russian ‘government’ of the peninsula.
As 112 International reported, the 'Gamer' is a story of a teenager from a small town, an avid gamer who lives in the world of computer games.
Ukrainian filmmaker Oleh Sentsov was arrested in Crimea in 2014. He was charged with 'organization of terrorist acts' on the peninsula. The court sentenced him to 20 years in a high-security penal colony in Russia.
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain