Security Service of Ukraine informed about detention of Russian spy
Spy had to recruit one of senior officers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
In Rivne the staff of Counterintelligence Department Security Service of Ukraine detained agent of Chief Intelligence Directorate of the Russian armed forces General Staff. This was reported by the press service of Security Service of Ukraine on Facebook.
As noted, a spy - a Ukrainian citizen who resides in Russia, had to recruit one of the senior officers of the Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine.
For the transfer of the documents marked "secret" and "top secret" regarding the combat training, armament and mobilization deployment of military cooperation between the Armed Forces of Ukraine with foreign partners, Russian agent offered Ukrainian officer and his family the Russian citizenship, as well as money. The amount depended on the relevance and importance of military secrets.
As noted, October 7, 2016 Russian spy entered Ukraine to obtain secret documents, on which already "worked" Ukrainian secret service operatives.
The next day he was arrested by SSU during the transferring of the documents with misinformation, which he regarded as the secret military documents.
Earlier in Kharkiv for four years in prison was convicted of a local resident for espionage in favor of Russia.
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case