SBU bust wagon cars with 136 tons of zirconium in Donetsk region
The substance is used for manufacturing missile projectiles. The cargo was about to be delivered to pro-Russian militants
The incident took place in government-held town of Kostyantynivka, Donetsk region, SBU press service reported. ‘Workers of the SBU and the State Fiscal Service found two wagon cars loaded with zirconium, with total weight of 136 tons. Zirconium is the double-purpose substance. The cargo was about to be sent to a company, registered in Donetsk region; it’s located in the area that is out of control of the Ukrainian government. The Security Service found that on the record, the so-called DPR had to receive a cargo of moulding sand', the message says.
Zirconium is a metal, known for being used in producing missile projectiles – specifically, the missiles for Grads, Russia-made missile launchers that are extensively used by illegal armed units in eastern Ukraine.
The SBU reported that the dangerous cargo was about to be sent to Russia eventually.
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars