Russians tested laser weapons on Ukrainian border guards, - Head of State Border Service
It happened in Donetsk region when Ukrainian border guards were watching territory with binoculars and monocles
Head of the State Border Service of Ukraine Viktor Nazarenko said that there appeared first cases of Russians using banned laser weapons against Ukrainian border guards. He stated this in an interview to "Interfax-Ukraine".
"Earlier Russians tested laser weapon on our soldiers. As a result, three State Border Service employees received the burns of the eye retina. Now there is a very difficult situation: we were able to restore them only peripheral vision", - he said.
Nazarenko said that it happened on checkpoint "Marinka" (Donetsk region) at a time when the Ukrainian border guards were watching the territory with binoculars and monocles. "At this time, the Russians used a special laser device that is banned by the Convention", - he said.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars