Russian security forces do not allow lawyer to visit Panov
The only document we have, is the message from FSB that Yevhen had waived a counsel, - Ihor Kotelyanets
Russian security forces do not allow lawyers to Yevhen Panov, accused by the Russian Federation of the preparation of terrorist attacks in the Crimea. This was announced by Ihor Kotelyanets, brother of the detainee, on air of 112 Ukraine TV-channel.
"Our lawyer in the Crimea has been attempting to reach Panov, to talk with him, to start working on his defense during 2-3 weeks already, since the beginning of this story. But we get refuses and excuses from the FSB, who are not willing to allow our attorney to Panov. They use all possible loopholes in Russian legislation. There is not talking about oral communication, nobody wants to talk,"- said Ihor Kotelyanets. "According to him, dialogue with the Russian security forces is preformed only via documents.
"All these conversations were held though documents. The only document with the response that we have, is a message from the FSB that Yevhen had waived a counsel. And it contains only the signature of the investigator, who is also unknown," - he says.
Panov's brother does not believe the statements by Russian security forces that the brother had waived a counsel.
Yevhen Panov was detained in the case of preparation of acts of sabotage in the Crimea on August 15. The total number of detainees reached nine in this case. Moscow blames Ukrainian intelligence in arranging the attacks.
Now the attacks are used as basis for large scale drills all over Crimea, involving 40 "000 Russian troops.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars