Russian proxies attack residential quarters in Mineralne, Donetsk region
40 attacks took place across combat area over the day
Massive attacks with the use of mortars, grenade launchers and small arms took place in Avdiivka, Donetsk region, as reported by ATO Press Centre. Russia-backed mercenaries used the weapons banned by Minsk agreements while firing at Ukrainian positions near Luhanske, Zaitsevo and Opytne. The enemy also fired at residential quarters in Mineralne village.
Near Maryinka, Novotroitske and Vodyane (vicinities of Donetsk), militants fired grenade launchers, large-caliber machineguns and small arms. The Ukrainian troops opened return fire from small arms near Avdiivka and Lebedynske (both in Donetsk).
Two Ukrainian servicemen were killed, ten more were wounded in action over the past 24 hours.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels