Russian-backed rebels targeted Ukrainian forces in Donbas
They used 82-mm mortars to shell government positions in Krasnohorivka
Russan-backed militants conducted an attack against Ukrainian positions near Krasnohorivka, Donetsk region, as reported by the ATO press center.
"This day in the area of the anti-terrorist operation passed with some armed provocation. The rebels targeted Ukrainian positions near the village of Krasnohorivka using a 82-mm mortars," as said in a statement. Recalling, the militants carried out 13 attacks against Ukrainian Armed Forces during the last day. The rebels used small arms, heavy machine guns, and grenade launchers in the area of Krasnohorivka, Avdiivka, Pisky, Donetsk region.
As was reported few hours ago, as a result of the clashes between Russian-backed militants in Donetsk 15 people were killed and about 20 were wounded. Power structures of Donetsk People's Republic have detained more than 40 people for participating in the clashes.
According to the information by Intelligence Directorate, the protests are spreading among the civilians of temporarily occupied territory of Donetsk region. The disaffection amongst public is caused by the increase in cases of banditry and misuse of weapons after consumption of alcohol and narcotics.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars