Russian-backed militants violated ceasefire after declaring truce
Four Ukrainian soldiers got injured as a result of the attack in Luhansk region
"Today, Russian-backed militants cynically neglected the peace agreements, violating the ceasefire," writes ATO (anti-terrorist operation) press center on their Facebook page.
At 12.25 am near Troitske, Luhansk region, the militants carried out an attack against Ukrainian positions using anti-tank guided missile. As a result, four Ukrainian wounded.
The fact of attack was recorded by the OSCE observers and the Joint Center for control and coordination of ceasefire and stabilization of the boundary. ATO press center also states that no other cases of truce violation were recorded in eastern Ukraine from midnight to 7 pm.
The head of Donetsk regional administration Pavlo Zhebrivskyi stated that the number of regular troops of the Russian Federation that stay in eastern Ukraine has not diminished.
Recalling, September 29, Trilateral contact group in Minsk signed the agreement on withdrawal of small-caliber weapons from the contact line with Russia-backed militants in Donbas. Later, ATO spokesperson Andriy Lysenko announced the arms removal to start in Luhansk region. October 5, a 41-day operation of weapons removal has been launched. Tanks T-64 and T-72, anti-tank gun D-48 and D-44, 85 mm mortars and 2B-82 of 9-millimeter caliber are to be pulled back from the contact line of the eastern Ukraine. The arms withdrawal will be launched in turn: first the sector "A" (Luhansk region), and then the other sectors (from east to west). 14 days are given for the removal of certain armament and armored vehicles from sector "A".
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
OSCE: SMM observers are limited in movement in Donbas 29 September, 09:47
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars