Russian-backed militants shelled residential areas in Donetsk region
They used 82mm mortars, what violates the Minsk agreements
Russian-backed militants shelled residential areas controlled by the Ukrainian authorities, particularly in Krasnohorivka, Donetsk region. They used 82-millimeter mortars, as reported by the ATO press center.
"At 11:15 AM Russian-terrorist mercenaries targeted Krasnohorivka with their mortars. The militants used the 82-mm mortars to attack the civilians, what violates the Minsk agreements. A mine exploded near residential houses... Fortunatelly, there are no human casualties caused by the shelling," said the press-center of the ATO.
"At a time when the Ukrainian side adheres to the Minsk agreements and certainly performs schedule of removal of weapons, including mortars, the terrorists are shelling residential areas using the prohibited weapons," according to the statement.
Rebels from the Donetsk People's Republic, who controll a part of the Donetsk region, accused the Ukrainian side in the shelling of its positions, in particular, those on the territory of the Donetsk airport and near the village of Spartak, Donetsk region.
Earlier relative calm has been recorded in the ATO zone, and some rare explostions and armed provocations took place. Recalling, November 4 National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine Secretaty Oleksander Turchynov suggested that the removal of weapons from the demarcation line must be stopped if the pro-Russian rebels will continue attacks in Donbas.
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported 22 October, 22:01
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain