Russian-backed militants in Donbas failed the truce
They used prohibited weapons against Ukrainian soldiers in Luhansk region
Fisrt time in the last four days the Russian-backed militants used heavy weapons, which are prohibited by the Minsk agreements, states the ATO press center. They shelled with 120-mm mortar ATO positions near Novotoshkivske, Luhansk region. The armed provocations also took place near Shchastia and Krymske, Luhansk region.
Ukrainian Armed Forces near Krasnohorivka and Mariinka, Donetsk region, were targeted with the small arms. Two attacks were carried out in Donetsk airport.
As was reported before, the militants announced their plans to stop shelling Ukrainian positions from September 1. They have significantly decreased the number of attacks, but the armed provocations still take place in Donbas.
Yesterday National Security and Defense of Ukraine introduced a new military doctrine. Ukraine has officially recognized that the main military threat to the sovereignty and territorial integrity comes from the Russian Federation. The doctrine envisages establishing of military infrastructure, redeployment of military units and formations to the eastern and southern regions.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars