Russian-backed militants continue firing Ukrainian positions
ATO press center counted 11 attacks from the militants' side whereas Ukraine's General Staff reported about 19
Militants 11 times fired on positions of the Ukrainian military for the past day, reported the press-center of Anti-Terrorist Operation (ATO) at its Facebook page.
"Today, in the ATO area of terrorists carried out provocative fire in the direction of Donetsk. Starting from 7:50 am, Russian-terrorist mercenaries 8 times conducted unsighted fire from grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and small arms upon Opytne, Pisky and Novhorodske. On Avdiivka and Opytne the sniper was shooting. In total, for the day 11 attacks on our positions were recorded," said in a statement.
Meanwhile, the spokesman of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Vladyslav Seleznyov told about 19 shellings upon ATO forces from the militants’ side, UNN reported.
"For the last day from the 11th to 12th of October terrorists 19 times fired positions of ATO forces, including 18 attacks were unsighted. In other words, the shells did not reach the targets. Aimed firing mercenaries carried out with the AGS grenade launchers in the area of Novhorodske village," Seleznyov told.
As it was reported before, the Russian leadership is preparing a large - scale provocation against Ukraine in order to discredit its leadership, creating a reason for filing a lawsuit against Ukraine to the International Criminal Court in The Hague and exit from the Minsk process, the Presidential Administration spokesperson for ATO-related issues Andriy Lysenko stated at the briefing.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars