Russian-backed militants 4 times carried out provocative fire-ATO Staff
According to the Staff, militants continue firing activity in Artemivsk and Maiorsk directions, Donetsk region
During the past day militants four times violated peace and quiet order, ATO press center reports.
In particular, in Artemivsk direction, Donetsk region, at 06:30 pm from the side of Nyzhnie Lozove Russian-backed militants opened fire with small arms upon strong points of ATO forces in Luhanske. Also, with small arms,at 08:10pm they fired upon Ukrainian positions in the Maiorsk, Donetsk region.
"It should be said about yesterday's explicit armed provocations of the enemy. Near 09:30 pm, upon the territory, which is temporarily uncontrolled by ATO forces and nearby towns Luhanske and Maiorsk, mercenaries opened fire in the direction of our positions. Thus, the militants counted on the shelling in response in order to blame the Ukrainian side in failure to perform the agreements," the press center of the ATO states.
Also, it was stressed at the press center that despite the provocations, ATO forces did not use weapons in response. "Therefore, the information spread by some pro-Russian media about the alleged artillery fire from our side is false and aimed primarily for the escalation of the conflict in the region," said in a statement.
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars