Russia to extradite 18 prisoners in Crimea to Ukraine
Ukraine wants to return 40 people
Ombudswomen of Ukraine and the Russian Federation agreed to transfer to the Ukrainian side 18 convicted persons that are currently serving their sentences in occupied Crimea. Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights Valeria Lutkovska said after a meeting with her Russian counterpart Tatiana Moskalkova, held in Minsk on June 21, the press service of the Ukrainian Ombudsman reports.
"We reached an agreement on 18 prisoners, but this is an incomplete list. We exchanged our lists and compared them. My list was a little more; it consists of about 40 people. I gave it to Tatyana for further discussion. We discussed many topics and solutions for them. I hope the next meeting will take place in the near future and with the participation of human rights activists of both countries”, Lutkovska said.
Date of the next meeting between the two ombudswomen is still unknown, however, they are assured that it will be held, as well as the topic of the meeting will be the situation in the Eastern Ukraine, the problem with the violation of the rights of Ukrainians and Crimean Tatars in the Crimea and Ukrainian prisoners in Russia.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars