Russia plans to release new MH17 radar images, - Bellingcat
Two years Russia claimed they do not have such pictures, and few days before international investigation group results’ publication they suddenly appeared
Russian concern Almaz-Antey, which produces anti-aircraft missile systems Buk gave the Russian Investigative Committee new radar images of the airspace in the day of the catastrophe of Malaysian Boeing MH17 in the Donbas region a few days ago.
Bellingcat journalist Aric Toler believes Russia plans to discredit the investigation results of the international investigation group. Radio Svoboda reports this.
For two years Russia tried to convince everyone they do not have such images, and now they are preparing to publish them. Toler felt this was done to ensure that the Russian Federation wants to point out that the findings of the Joint Investigation Group are incomplete as they do not take into account these new radar images.
"I am 100% sure they are releasing this information now to declare that the Joint Investigation Team did not take it into account. I do not know what information Almaz-Antey will show, but I'm sure they release information in order to hear such a statement from Zakharova or someone else", said Toler.
At the same time, he noted that, most likely, these radar images are true and complete, but a Buk missile system will not be seen on them due to technical limitations.
International Commission of Inquiry of the tragedy of the Malaysian Boeing MH-17 will present a report of the rocket launch that brought down the plane and the type of weapon on September 28.
Source: Radio Svoboda
Claims against Ukraine in MH17 case 30 September, 12:42
Mogherini: International community should support MH17 investigation 29 September, 13:35
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
MH17 investigation to call all suspects before 2017 2 October, 11:01
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee