Russia is sending signals to militants to postpone elections in Donbas
The response of the militants was not expressed yet
“At the suggestion of the French side, which was supported by the German Chancellor, we were considering the terms of elections in Donbas, which would ensure the implementation of the rest of the political aspects of the Minsk agreement. Including amnesty, the special status, and a constitutional reform,” said Russian Minister of Foregin Affairs Sergei Lavrov during a press-conference in Moscow, RG.ru.
“The representatives of Donetsk and Luhansk, for obvious reasons, could not arrive to Paris. Nevertheless Vladimir Putin as head of the country that seeks to be an active mediator in resolving the internal Ukrainian crisis promised to spread this complex idea, proposed by our French and German partners, by our channels. Accordingly, in the Donetsk and Lugansk these days, as I understand, these signals are. On their reaction we will learn further,” he noted.
Regularly scheduled local elections will take place in Ukraine on October 25, 2015; conducted a little over a year since the 2014 snap local elections, which were only held throughout parts of the country. 700 OSCE observers willcome to monitor Ukrainain elections.
OSCE observers will not monitor the elections in self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republic, which are scheduled on October 18.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas