Russia is sending its 56th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
Russian trucks carry more than 600 tons of cargo
Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia, the so-called humanitarian convoy crossed Ukrainian-Russian border today. This was announced by the speaker of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine Oleh Slobodyan on his Facebook page. The day before the press service of Russian Emergency Ministry reported of the 56th humanitarian convoy to Luhansk and Donetsk regions. The essential part of the cargo is food, basic necessities, medicine, construction supplies, and educational materials, according to Russian side.
Slobodyan reports that 2 columns of 69 trucks of humanitarian convoy crossed checkpoints Donetsk and Matveev Kurgan early this morning. Ukrainian side only performed visual surveillance during cargo documentation.
"Yet again Russia has grossly violated international and Ukrainian national law, regulating the order of directing of humanitarian cargos. The representatives of the International Committee of the Red Cross haven’t participated in this either, while Ukrainian interdepartmental group conducted only visual surveillance without fulfilling their controlling functions,” – wrote Slobodyan.
At the visual inspection Ukrainian interdepartmental group found several discrepancies in the character of the cargo and the number of the trucks.
"During visual checks we found that the majority of the vehicles were allegedly filled with food and medicine. At the same time the peculiarity of this very humanitarian convoy is the discrepancy of the character of the cargo specified in the diplomatic note by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia with the actual cargo. Apart from the specified goods, one truck was carrying books, another one – furniture, another one - sanitary ware. Furthermore the number of vehicles announced was 60, but 69 trucks crossed the border,” – said Slobodyan.
As we reported earlier, the previous humanitarian convoy raided into Donbas on August 25.
It should be noted that Ukrainian authorities and special services have repeatedly stated that the Russian Federation is supplying petroleum, oil and lubricants, new military hardware, weapons and ammunition to Donbas disguised as humanitarian convoys, delivering the bodies of dead Russian soldiers back to Russia.
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas Conflict: 25 truce violations by Russian-backed militants 14 October, 09:54
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas