RPGs, heavy machineguns used in attacks on Maryinka in Donbas
18 enemy attacks reported over the day
The town of Maryinka, Donetsk region, was attacked 8 times over the day, which made it the key flashpoint in the combat area in eastern Ukraine on February 8. The enemy mostly used grenade launchers and large-caliber machineguns, CTO Press Centre reported at Facebook.
Ukrainian outposts near Troitske located on the border of Donetsk and Luhansk region were also fired at from heavy machineguns, an AA gun and an 82 mortar.
The enemy fired at our positions in Pisky and Optyne, Donetsk region. In Avdiivka, militants used an infantry fighting vehicle to attack our emplacements. Near Vodyane village, the mercenaries fired a grenade launcher at our outpost”, reads the message. In total, 18 attacks were reported over the day in the combat area.
Since Monday morning till early hours of February 9, Ukrainian positions in Donbas were attacked 45 times.
As fights continue in Schastya, Luhansk region, Ukrainian troops once again showed their strong spirit and determination, raising the national flag above the town – the part of it controlled by the government troops. The video was taken from Facebook page of Tetyana Rychkova, famous volunteer who works with the Ukrainian army.
Watch the video:
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain