Rio 2016: Emergency service forced to cut through gates of Maracana stadium
Officials lost the keys before football match; fans had to wait for over two hours, - The Independent
Two workers of Brazilian emergency ministry cut through the east gates of Maracana stadium in Rio, where the 31st Olympic Gamnes are to kick off soon, after officials lost they keys, the Independent reports.
‘Spectators were forced to queue for up to two hours before being ushered to another entrance,’ the outlet reports with reference to Twitter of BBC’s Julia Carneiro.
National women football teams of Sweden and the South African Republic were supposed to go head-to-head at the arena. Fans had to wait for more than two hours before the guards redirected them to another gate.
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
UEFA Champions League: Dynamo Kyiv hosts Benfica tonight 19 October, 10:01
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case