RFE\RL: Germany checks 60 refugees for connections with extremists
Over a million refugees from Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq crossed the country’s border in 2015
‘Taking into account the ongoing wave of migration to Germany, we’ve got to assume that there are active or former members, supporters and fans of terrorist organizations, as well as Islamist war criminals’, reads the message released by the press service of the German criminal police (RFE\RL).
According to the authority, since the beginning of the year, local governing bodies in 16 federal lands of Germany sent 410 messages about the refugees that could be, in fact, terrorists. The German media quote German Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere who said that it would be wrong to suspect all refugees who seek sanctuary in the country.
Over less than a week, four attacks took place in Germany; three of them were committed by those who sought sanctuary.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain