Reuters: Russian naval vessel performed dangerous maneuvers near U.S. destroyer
The incident occurred in the Mediterranean Sea, U.S. Navy European Command says
Captain Danny Hernandez, spokesman for U.S. European Command, said the Russian warship Yaroslav Mudry conducted unsafe and unprofessional maritime maneuvers near U.S. Navy destroyer Gravely, which could have led to miscalculation, injury or even death (Reuters).
According to Hernandez, the Russian ship sent the U.S. destroyer false signal stating that it gets in the way of its course. However, the officer says, the vessels changed course simultaneously, thus Gravely’s maneuvers never got in the way of Yaroslav Mudry.
U.S. Navy European Command added that the Russian vessel deliberately impeded with the American aircraft carrier Harry S. Truman, which had Gravely escort him, as Yaroslav Mudry was only 9 kilometers away from the aircraft carrier.
Russia suspended implementation of agreement on plutonium disposal 4 October, 14:12
Nuland, Surkov to discuss course of Donbas conflict 4 October, 18:32
EU foreign ministers to urge Assad and his allies to come to trial 17 October, 08:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars