Reuters: 10 people arrested in Brazil under suspicion of ISIS membership, preparing terrorist acts during Olympics
Special services pledge to prevent any possible terrorist threats during the upcoming Games in Rio de Janeiro
According to Brazilian Justice Minister Alexandre Moraes, ten people were arrested under suspicion of involvement in the ISIS and preparation of terrorist acts during the approaching Summer Olympics in Rio (Reuters).
Acting President Michel Temer called an urgent meeting of the Cabinet. The Justice Ministry reported that the special operation took place in 9 states across Brazil.
According to the statement by the court of Parana state, a group of suspects planned to use guns and ‘partisan tactics’ to act as ISIS agents. Most recently, the Brazilian Islamist cell swore allegiance to the Islamic State.
Poroshenko awards Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic athletes 5 October, 21:08
Paralympics: Several hundred of people greet Ukraine’s athletes 22 September, 08:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars