Return of Crimea in next 3-5 years is impossible, - Tuka
He bounds future de-occupation of the peninsula with internal processes in Russian Federation
The return of annexed Crimea to Ukraine in the next 3-5 years is impossible, according to Deputy Minister for the Occupied Territories Georgiy Tuka. He said this in the air of 112 Ukraine TV channel.
"I find it impossible the return of Crimea in the next 3-5 years. Let me explain why. My personal view is that such return will start only when the centrifugal forces will begin once again in Russia after the economic crisis.
Now this may seem nonsense and fantasy, but you could see news feeds of the mid '90s, how the events unfolded in Kaliningrad, Tatarstan ... and then Chechnya exploded. We all saw it with our own eyes, " he explained.
Tuka added that such events may recur in Russia. "If the international community will not reduce the pressure on Russia, we all will see this in the next 5-10 years", he says.
Washington: Dialogue with Russia to be performed from position of force 12 January, 15:37
Is new world order possible without a big war? 10 January, 23:16
Russia to place S-400 anti-aircraft missile systems in annexed Crimea 14 January, 14:56
"Crimean credit" for Marine Le Pen 6 January, 10:26
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21Militants threaten to stop coal supplies
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:39Donbas conflict: Militants repeatedly shell Krymske from 120 mm mortars
- POLITICS08:00Inauguration day today
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 120 mm mines hit Krymske in Luhansk region
- SOCIETY22:48MP Nayem gets into road accident near building of 112 Ukraine TV channel
- UA & EU21:26EU diplomats ready to extend sanctions against Yanukovych
- UA & EU20:47WEF in Davos: Poroshenko meets with Rutte
- POLITICS20:01London continues hearings on Yanukovych debt
- SOCIETY19:17112 Ukraine TV channel ranked 7th among domestic TV channels in Kyiv, - survey
- POLITICS18:38North Korea to test 2 ballistic missiles in near future
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:35, 19 January OSCE Head offers night-time monitoring in Donbas
18:33, 19 January Orthodox and Greek Catholic believers celebrate Epiphany