Results of Trilateral contact group on Donbas conflict mediation talks
The sides decided to prolong the weapons withdrawal despite the ceasefire violation that took place October 7
Trilateral contact group on Donbas conflict mediation recommends extending the withdrawal of weapons and requires a speedy conclusion of the investigation into the case of attack against Ukrainian forces near Troitske, Luhansk region, which occurred October 7.
"Taking into concideration the results of the skype conference, the Trilateral contact group took the following decisions: ... Due to the fact that the firing of October 7 was an isolated case which does not have systematic or intensive character, the Trilateral contact group recommended to continue the implementation of the withdrawal of the weapons with less than 100 mm caliber," as states Dariia Olifer, the spokesperson of Ukrainian ex-president Leonid Kuchma, who officially represents Ukrainian side in Minsk.
The group also calls on militants to let the OSCE observers come to the place, from which the attack was conducted.
Recalling, October 7, Russian-backed militants conducted an attack using antitank guided missile. They targeted Ukrainian positions near Troitske, Luhansk region. Four government soldiers got injuries of varying severity.
September 29, Trilateral contact group in Minsk signed the agreement on withdrawal of small-caliber weapons from the contact line with Russia-backed militants in Donbas. October 5, a 41-day operation of weapons removal has been launched. Tanks T-64 and T-72, antitank gun D-48 and D-44, 85 mm mortars and 2B-82 of 9-millimeter caliber are to be pulled back from the contact line of the eastern Ukraine. The arms withdrawal will be launched in turn: first the sector "A" (Luhansk region), and then the other sectors (from east to west).
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars