Results of investigation on MH17 to be presented on October 15
Leaders of Australia, the Netherlands, Belgium, Malaysia, and Ukraine discussed in New York the further work for punishing the responsible for the Malaysian aircraft fatality
President Poroshenko in New York met the leaders of Australia, the Netherlands, Belgium, and Malaysia, as reported the official website of the Ukrainian President.
"Representatives of Australia, the Netherlands, Belgium, Malaysia, and Ukraine agreed on the further coordination and work together to punish responsible for the tragedy of the Malaysian aircraft", said in the statement.
The Dutch authorities have announced that results of the international independent investigation will be presented on October 15. Representatives of the States Parties of the MH17 Joint Investigation Team expressed disappointment regarding Russian veto in the UN Security Council of the resolution on establishment international tribunal for investigation the crash, stated on the President’s website.
The parties also noted the importance of Ukrainian initiative to establish the International Memorial Day for victims of terrorists.
Boeing 777, performing flight MH17 (Amsterdam - Kuala Lumpur), crashed on July 17, 2014 near Torez, Donetsk region. All 298 people being on board were lost.
According to the Ukrainian authorities and the Western countries, the plane was shot down by Russian-backed militants using anti-aircraft missile systems "Buk", provided by Russia. The latter denies any involvement into the accident.
Earlier it was planned that Australia, along with Belgium, Malaysia, the Netherlands, and Ukraine will establish a special body for investigation to reveal the causes and circumstances of the crash on July 17, 2014.
Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia 21 October, 19:31
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
MH17 investigation to call all suspects before 2017 2 October, 11:01
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars