Residents of Stanystia Luhanska to protest against withdrawal of Ukrainian troops
The town has been under chaotic attacks since beginning of Donbas conflict, now it’s one of areas where disengagement of forces is expected
Civilians residing in Stanytsia Luhanska are preparing protest actions against the disengagement of Ukrainian forces from this sector of the contact line in Donbas. Yuriy Zolkin, head of the district civil and military administration, said this in his commentary to Hromadske TV channel.
According to him, if the Ukrainian army leaves this area, the local police and emergency ministry employees might risk facing the militants in those parts of the town that would become the demilitarized zone.
‘People doubt whether the Ukrainian authorities will be able to perform adequately in this area. Even armed police cannot patrol these streets – not to mention public utilities, hospitals and other vital establishments’, Zolkin said.
Donbas: 44 attacks in Mariupol sector 19 October, 08:31
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
Landmine kills Ukrainian serviceman in Luhansk region 17 October, 10:44
Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region 22 October, 10:17
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain