Release and exchange of Ukrainians in Donbas coordinated with Kremlin, - Tandyt
Ukraine hopes that the exchange process continues, says the Counselor to Head of Ukraine’s Security Service
Pro-Kremlin militants use captured Ukrainians as political hostages, and every case of the release or exchange of Ukrainian citizen is basically considered and approved by the Kremlin. Yuriy Tandyt, Counselor to Head of Ukraine’s Security Service and leader of the Interdepartmental Center for the exchange of prisoners, said this in a live broadcast of 112 Ukraine TV channel.
“Yesterday we had many meetings with relatives and friends of the hostages who now stay in detention in Donbas. We do hope that the process of exchange and release continues, though our citizens are actually used as political hostages, and every case of their release is determined by the Kremlin”, he said.
The OSCE expressed hope that the matter of exchange of prisoners will be solved during the winter holidays.
Previously, militants promised to provide the access for members of the Red Cross mission to the captured Ukrainians.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars