Relative lull in Donbas continues for 10 days already
Ukrainian soldier died in Luhansk region in a clash with militants
Russian-backed militants once more tried to seep through the Ukrainian defense line in Stanytsia Luhanska, Luhansk region. Hostile groups crossed the Siversky Donets River in the vicinity of the Syze village and opened fire against Ukrainian troops, according to the ATO press service. After a half-hour firefight the militants retreated. One Ukrainian soldier was killed as a result of the clash. No losses for the past day were recorded.
One enemy provocation was held near Shchastia, Luhansk region, where militants have carried out a grenade launcher attack. Another small arm provocation took place near Luhanske, Donetsk region. Ukrainian positions along the frontline between Avdiivka and Spartak (Donetsk region) faced shelling, but the militants do not use the heavy weaponry though.
Six hostile drones were observed in the ATO are during the last day. Overall, a relative lull at the Donbas front continues for 10 days already. Usually, militants violate the truce less than ten times a day, and do not use heavy weapons since September 5.
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case