Red Cross reconstructed 10 destroyed buildings in Donbas
The Red Cross allocated 15,000 euros and built 10 new houses in Sloviansk
In a joint pilot project, the Luxembourg Red Cross and the Ukrainian Red Cross Society provided 10 families in Sloviansk (Donetsk region), whose dwellings were damaged or destroyed in combat, with new homes.
Financial donors of the project were the Luxembourg Red Cross and Foreign Ministry of Luxembourg. The affected families were provided with typical homes with a kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. 15,000 euros were allocated for the construction. 10 new houses were built within 6 months.
Director-General of the Luxembourg Red Cross, Marc Crochet, representative of the Netherlands Red Cross, Wilma Ter Heege, and representative of the Ukrainian Red Cross Society visited Sloviansk (Donetsk region) and visited 3 houses out of 10 that were built.
Apart from 10 private houses the Luxembourg, Netherlands and Ukrainian Red Cross installed 360 new windows in 78 damaged houses.
The international representatives claimed that their activities are not finished, since reconstruction of the buildings was just a pilot project of a huge work that still needs to be done.
Earlier the Red Cross provided 127 tons of humanitarian aid along the line of contact in Donetsk region.
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Ukraine’s army general: Two versions of Motorola’s murder 17 October, 09:15
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case