Pyatt: If sanctions against Russia are not working, they need to be strengthened
Security situation in Donbas region is getting worse
The situation in the Donbas region is not a frozen conflict, because the soldiers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine are dying every day. US Ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt said this in an interview with Austrian newspaper Der Standard, liga.net reports.
"This is not a frozen conflict, if there are officers killed every day. The security situation is getting worse. Russia is still far from fulfilling the obligations under the Minsk Agreements", he said.
Pyatt pointed out that the leaders of Western states do not have to listen to the growing calls to abolish or weaken the anti-Russian sanctions, since even under them Russia continues its aggressive actions against Ukraine.
"We must not succumb to the argument that sanctions do not work, and therefore we should cancel them. On the contrary, if sanctions do not work, they should be strengthened", the ambassador stressed.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:42Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case