Putin advocates for release of all prisoners in Donbas
Russian President noted that it is complicated process, related "to the mutual claims"
The work on the transfer of Donbas detainees goes on, and all the prisoners on both sides should be released, stated Russian President Vladimir Putin, - reports Reuters.
We are engaged in this work actively too, and also with the mediation of Medvedchuk. Much has been done, but much remains to be done. I hope that it will be completed. I personally believe that this work should be completed and all the people who are being held on the Ukrainian side, in Donbas - should be released, "- he said.
However, Putin stressed it is complicated process, which is related "to the mutual claims and asking - who, where and for what have been detained".
Earlier, the representative of the president of Ukraine on the peaceful settlement of Donbas situation Iryna Gerashchenko said that Russia used to blackmail Ukraine on the issue of exchange of prisoners in Donbas.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:42Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case