Public hearing upon Nadiia Savchenko`s case is about to start in Russia
The criminal case against Savchenko consists of 39 volumes
Donetsk regional court in Rostov region is to begin hearing on the merits of the case of Nadiia Savchenko, the defense lawyer of Ukrainian pilot Illia Novikov stated.
The court meeting will be publicly open, the prosecutor will announce charges. The interrogation of victims, relatives of the murdered journalists, witnesses and experts is to begin.
"Apparently, Nadiia Savchenko will testify before the prosecution in order to get a chance to present some of hers evidence. We want our point of view on the events to be sounded the first," the lawyer said.
Moreover, Novikov noted that the defense of Nadiia Savchenko wants to return Russian prosecutors to the question of "why do they believe that they have the right to judge someone for a crime committed on the territory of Ukraine, as far as they believe that it was committed by Ukrainians against the Ukrainians".
"In addition to the fact of Russian journalists loss, there are also 6 more victims from the local residents," - he concluded.
As it was reported before, Moscow Court of Appeal recently extended the arrest of Nadiia Savchenko until 30th of September. Also, the Moscow City Court rejected the defense motion to postpone further hearings upon Savchenko`s case in Moscow. In the future, the case will be considered by Donetsk District Court of Rostov region.
To the knowledge, deputy of the Verkhovna Rada, former Ukrainian Armed Forces service person Nadiia Savchenko is accused of killing two employees of Russian television, which in past year in summer were under Luhansk without the permission of the Ukrainian authorities.
Watch the video
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars