Provocative actions of militants continue in the ATO zone
Peace and quiet order was 9 times violated by militants` provocative fire carried out with small arms and grenade launchers
Last day in the ATO area was not completely calm. From midnight till 06:00 pm there no violations of truce were recorded, but in later evening Ukrainian positions in Artemivsk direction got under fire, ATO Staff press center reports.
According to the press center, at 06:00pm and 07:00 pm with sniper fire, small arms and rocket-propelled grenades, militants hit upon Ukrainian Armed Forces strongholds in Maiorsk, Donetsk region. Also, almost at 07:00 pm militants fired upon Ukrainian positions in Zaitseve settlement, Donetsk region. And at 06:55 pm, 09:40 pm and 10:30 pm Russian-backed militants shelled with small arms upon ATO strongholds in Lozove settlement of Donetsk region. In addition, at about 11:00 pm, the militants fired Ukrainian military positions in Luhanske village.
Also, at 10:30 pm combatants used grenade launcher in Luhansk direction near Sokilnyky settlement.
Militants continue provocative actions in conflict zone, ATO Staff notes. “Around 06:00 pm militants carried out intensive fire with small arms fire near the demarcation line in the direction of the Zaitseve village. And at 06:40 pm militants` automatic grenade was working in the area of the village Luhanske. 30 grenades discharged by militants fell in 300 meters from the Ukrainian positions”.
Despite the cynical pursuit of Russian-backed militants to draw ATO forces in active armed conflict, the Ukrainian military did not open fire in response.
In general, over the past day militants 9 times violated the ceasefire regime. For today, September 23rd, in the ATO area an application of weaponry so far was not recorded.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars