Protest against withdrawal of Ukrainian forces from Volnovakha
About 200 people demanded to keep the government troops in this area of Donetsk region
Residents of Volnovakha, Maryinka and Mariupol held a meeting in Volnovakha, 112 Ukraine TV channel’s correspondent said. Some 200 people were present. They oppose the idea to withdraw Ukrainian forces from Bohdanivka village in Donetsk region, as it may open the road for Russia-backed militants to Volnovakha.
The meeting went calmly and peacefully; in the end, the activists voiced out their demands addressed to President Petro Poroshenko, sang the national anthem and left.
SMM OSCE is constantly monitoring and verifying the process of disengagement on the approved sections for the division of the parties to the conflict in accordance with the framework agreement, singed on September 21 in Minsk. The three sections 2 x 2 square meters were defined to be created near villages of Zolote, Petrivske and Stanitsya Luhanska. The effect of a treaty may be applied to other sections of the battlefront, however they are to be defined during further consultations.
The agreement works only particularly as Russia-backed militants continue to attack Ukrainian positions, using, in particular, mortars and artillery. In Zolote, the Ukrainian forces already withdrew, while in Petrivske and Zolote, the process was sabotaged by the militants.
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire 21 October, 08:00
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case