Pro-Russian militants in Donbas continue to violate ceasefire and use prohibited weapons, - Poroshenko
President Poroshenko notes escalation of conflict in ATO zone
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko claimed that safety continues to be an issue in Donbas, he informed during a briefing in Berlin, aired by “112 Ukraine” TV channel.
“Our meeting is very symbolic. It symbolizes that de-escalation of conflict in eastern Ukraine is one of priorities for the EU, an issue constantly discussed in Brussels and Berlin. Much has been done to achieve peace in Donbas. I always emphasize that it is a tragedy that despite Minsk deals, so much time has passed, but we still have huge issues with safety in Donbas. First and foremost we should avoid these problems. Militants don’t keep to ceasefire regime. This threatens safety of civilians. In November-January we observed many violations of ceasefire regime by Russian-backed forces. They use prohibited weapons”, - stated Poroshenko.
Poroshenko also added that movement of OSCE mission is still restricted by militants.
“OSCE mission, which is there to monitor ceasefire regime, constantly faces restrictions from militants. The mission doesn’t get proper access to locations where withdrawal of weapons needs to be monitored. OSCE mission should visit territories still uncontrolled by Kyiv”, - stated the President.
Earlier, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko came to Germany to hold a meeting with Federal Chancellor Angela Merkel.
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case