Pro-Russian militants create bootcamps for children in Donbas, - Ukraine’s ambassador in UN
Rebels make kids practice at firing ranges, undergo training for reconnaissance groups, UN press service says
According to Ukraine’s ambassador in the UN Volodymyr Yelchenko, as quoted by UN press service, Kremlin-backed mercenaries create military bootcamps where they teach children how to use small arms and perform reconnaissance missions. The official said this information never appeared in the UN Secretary General’s report about children suffering from armed conflicts; the Ukrainian diplomat urged to fix this misunderstanding.
‘Unfortunately, this is another case of how people turn the blind eye on the only armed conflict that is underway in Europe’, Yelchenko said.
The official reported that the militants use minors as fighters in the illegal armed groups, while schools and kindergartens are used for military purposes.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas