Poroshenko decided to answer Russian reporters on issue of Donbas elections
Elections will be held in Donbas when Russian troops will stop killing Ukrainians, said President
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko has reiterated that the local elections will be held in Donbas only when Russian troops will be withdrawn from the territory of Ukraine, reports "Interfax-Ukraine".
After the briefing at the NATO summit in Warsaw fields Russian journalists came to Poroshenko to ask the question of when the elections will be held in Donbas. Ukrainian President stopped in front of reporters and said: "As soon as Russian will cease to kill Ukrainians, as soon as Russian occupation troops will be withdrawn from the territory of Ukraine."
Earlier, the militants of self-proclaimed "Donetsk People's Republic" pledged to unilaterally determine the date of "local elections" in the occupied territories in case if Ukrainian authorities before 14 July 2016 will not adopt the law on local elections in Donbas.
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars