Poroshenko confirms ceasefire state in Donbas
There was only one small arms attack, President said
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko confirmed that the ceasefire state in the Donbas region. He said this during a meeting with students and teacher of the Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, which was broadcast by 112 Ukraine TV Channel.
"I want to congratulate you on the ceasefire state that is observed at the front for 12 hours and 5 minutes. During all this time there was only one attack from small arms", Poroshenko said.
"God grant all security measures of the Minsk agreements to be implemented, to maintain ceasefire, to move heavy artillery away from the contact line, it’s better be in Russia, away from Ukrainian border. God grant all Ukrainian hostages, who are illegally kept in Russian jails and prisons in the occupied territories to be released. Let OSCE SMM to have all the access to resolve the necessary questions of safety conditions for the implementation of the package of political agreements in Minsk ", added the President.
Earlier, Defense Minister Stepan Poltorak said that there was no shelling from midnight in Donbas region.
Recall that Trilateral Contact Group met in Minsk on August 26 regarding the Donbas conflict. The statement on the total ceasefire from September 1 was announced there. France and Germany also supported this idea.
Source: 112 Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain