Pope Francis says Minsk deal is the only way to resolve Donbas conflict
Pope also accepted an invitation to visit Ukraine
November 19-20, Ukrainian President Poroshenko in framework of an official visit to the Italian Republic and the State of Vatican City. Today he met with Pope Francis.
Pope Francis said that the Minsk agreement is the only way to resolve the conflict in the eastern Ukraine, as states the press service of the president Poroshenko. Ukraine's leader said that the Pope is well acquainted with the details of the Minsk protocol.
"The main result of the meeting are the words of His Holiness that he always remembers to pray for Ukraine and Georgia," highlighted Poroshenko. He also noted that a lot of attention during the meeting was paid to assist in the establishment of peace on the Ukrainian land.
"The steps, which the Church makes today, are extremely important and necessary for us," said the President. Earlier today he informed about inviting the Pope to visit Ukraine, and His Holiness did accept the invitation.
Watch the video
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars