Poltorak: There were no attacks in Donbas since midnight
Defense Minister receives information from ATO HQ every 15 minutes
There was no shelling in the Donbas region from midnight. Ukraine's Defense Minister Stepan Poltorak stated this on September 1.
According to him, as of 9:00 a.m. September 1 the militants haven't violated the ceasefire state.
"I receive information about the situation in the Eastern Ukraine every 15 minutes. I was pleasantly surprised when I got the information there were no attacks since midnight as of 9:00 a.m. September 1", he said.
The Minister stressed the situation was very tense during the last days.
It was reported there were 12 attacks over the previous 24 hours.
Recall that Trilateral Contact Group met in Minsk on August 26 regarding the Donbas conflict. The statement on the total ceasefire from September 1 was announced there. France and Germany also supported this idea.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars