Police: More than 4,500 pilgrims at Volodymyrska Hirka Hill in Kyiv
Religious procession to finish with solemn service at Kyiv Pechersk Lavra
The liturgy at the Volodymyrska Hirka Hill will start at 1 p.m. Wednesday. After that, the believers will walk to the main shrine of the Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate, Kyiv Pechersk Lavra monastery.
Streets are blocked for vehicle movement, except for one line on Khreshchatyk street; metal detectors, the iron fence and K-9 dogs are in positions.
The city centre will remain shut off by 5 p.m. Wednesday. The authorities ask the locals to not use their own vehicles to get to the downtown until then, because currently, parking in the downtown is forbidden. All driveways to the European square, in the city centre, are now blocked.
The procession of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church started in Eastern Ukraine in Svyatogorsk Lavra on July 3 and in Western Ukraine in Pochayiv Lavra on July 9. It is planned that the two groups of believers enter Kyiv on July 26, meet on July 27 in Kyiv at St. Vladimir's Hill, and together with the Orthodox Kyiv citizens and pilgrims proceed to Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra. The expected number is 30 000 participants.
The law enforcers are on high alert expecting possible provocations by pro-Russian agents.
In Kyiv March of heroes' glory is over 14 October, 18:33
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
IMF mission to arrive in Ukraine on October 26 17 October, 19:03
Kyiv not to congratulate Putin on his birthday, - Peskov 7 October, 20:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars