Police: 50 children killed in Donetsk region due to military operations
20 children under age 18 have been orphaned
Since the beginning of terrorist aggression, 50 children died, 138 were injured in Donetsk region, informed press service of Department of National Police in Donetsk region.
20 children have lost their parents, 69 500 were forced to leave their homes and look for new accommodation.
“Before ATO, 1 128 schools operated in Donetsk region, where over 340 000 received education. Currently, there are only 556 schools left. 13 of them were closed due to constant shelling and destruction”, - the police report.
37 schools still operate near the line of contact. 6000 children study here amid military activity.
1800 orphaned children have been evacuated from the territory. Currently their documents are being restored.
Earlier UNICEF reported that at least 68 children died and 180 were injured as a result of military conflict in Donbas.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels