Poland forms volunteer army to prevent Russia's aggression
35,000 servicemen to join new military unit
Poland decided to create a volunteer corps to prevent the Kremlin's aggression. Polish Defense Ministry announced this, with the reference to leader of the paramilitary groups Grzegorz Kwasniak, Interfax-Ukraine reports. According to him, Poland wants to create a new formation to prepare for a possible war actions, similar to those in the Eastern Ukraine.
The unit will consist of 35 thousand volunteers who will attend military training courses.
It is assumed that the formation of paramilitary groups starts in September. Each of the 16 Polish provinces will receive one brigade formed from the members of the volunteer unit. However, the region of Mazovia, which is the largest and most populous, will get two brigades.
Putin arrives on Normandy four meeting in Berlin 19 October, 19:46
Poroshenko arrives in Berlin for Normandy four meeting 19 October, 18:57
Poroshenko, Merkel and Hollande start preliminary meeting in Berlin 19 October, 19:21
Normandy four meeting starts in Berlin 19 October, 20:12
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels