Ethnic Poles from eastern Ukraine to go back to Poland
The first stage of the program in Mariupol has already began
Minister of Foreign Affairs Grzegorz Juliusz Schetyna said in his interview with Polskie Radio the previous evacuation program, which included Poles of Donbas, was forced by adirect threat to their lives. Now the situation is different, because despite the fact that Mariupol (Donetsk region) is near the front line, no armed attacks take place there. Consequently, they fall under the protection program of compatriots moving to their historical homeland.
Program of bringing Poles from Mariupol will be divided into three stages. The first one has already begun: a special groupfrom Warsaw went to the consulate in Kharkiv. By the end of October diplomats determine exactly how many Poles have decided to come back to Poland. Minister Schetyna estimated that Poles will come to the country in November and will accomodatein the places providedbythe Polish Ministry of Internal Affairs. December 1, the process of adaptation to begin, particularly, language training, job search and permanent residence.
In October Poland to hold parliamentary elections. Law and Justice, the opposition party of Jarosław Kaczyński, called on evacuation of ethnic Poles from Mariupol, but Poland's Foreign Ministry spokesman Marcin Wojciechowski pointed out that such a decision could undermine the Ukrainian authorities, as Mariupol is a safe city. According to the party, there are more than 80 individuals possessing the Polish Card and tending to go to Polandfrom Mariupol.
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain