Petro Poroshenko concerned about nuclear weapons possible deployment in Crimea
"Ukraine’s intelligence reported that Russia plans to deploy the elements of nuclear weapons in Crimea"
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko called for consultation with international partners regarding the threat of Russian deployment of nuclear weapons in the occupied Crimea. He stated this during the press conference in Washington, the agency "Interfax-Ukraine".
"We are confident that these consultations should be carried out in order to avoid the deployment of nuclear weapons", - stated the president.
Earlier Petro Poroshenko urged UN to assign rapporteur on rights of Ukrainians detained in Russia
The Head of State expressed concern about the risks of Russian side placing nuclear weapons on the peninsula, "because according to the rules of international law, Ukraine is solely responsible for the deployment of nuclear weapons on its territory".
"In accordance with the information of Ukraine’s intelligence, Russia plans to deploy the elements of nuclear weapons in Crimea. Since Crimea is Ukrainian territory, we are very concerned about such possibility. We demand very coherent and effective steps of the international community to prevent drastic deterioration of the security situation in the Black Sea region by placing nuclear weapons in Crimea ", - said Poroshenko.
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain