Parubiy: I never supported Minsk agreements
Ukraine’s Parliamentary Speaker and President have different views of solution of Donbas conflict
‘I’ve never supported the Minsk deal. I thought, and I think so now that Ukraine had to sign Minsk agreements under very unfavorable conditions. I take it Putin won’t even remotely adhere to the deal, and his plans concerning Ukraine cannot be broken through the Minsk agreement. They can be broken only through force and international sanctions,’ Speaker Andriy Parubiy said in an interview with 1+1 TV channel.
In his words, after Poroshenko’s victory at presidential elections in 2016, Parubiy had to resign as Secretary of Ukraine’s National Security Council, because of the controversy with the Head of the state on solving the Donbas conflict.
However, Parubiy admitted, Poroshenko actually did what the President had to do in that situation: ‘He did everything within his grasp to keep the frontline stable and avoid more fatalities’.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo 26 October, 17:57
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case