Only a part of "Azov" special squad is withdrawn from Mariupol in the framework of regular redeployment - National Guard
This decision was taken in order to strengthen control over the Azov coast
A planned redeployment of troops was performed in the ATO zone, where a part of a separate unit of "Azov" special forces unit (and not the entire regiment "Azov") were transferred from Mariupol to Zaporizhzhya region. This was announced by a spokesman for Ukrainian National Guard Vadym Golub an air of 112 Ukraine TV channel.
He noted that recently information on the withdrawal of "Azov" battallion from Mariupol was made public in Interne, which allegedly puts in jeopardy a front-line city and reduces its defense potential.
"We officially announce that planned regrouping of forces and means of the National Guard of Ukraine was carried out in the ATO zone. In order to strengthen control over the Azov coast and to prevent the penetration of sabotage-reconnaissance groups, a part of a separate special operations detachment of 3057 military unit "Azov" "was redeployed for performing tasks in this direction," - said Golub.
He stressed that a separate special operations "Azov" is to be redeployed, but not the and not the regiment "Azov".
According to the National Guard the squad continues to carry out their mission according to the Law of Ukraine on the National Guard of Ukraine, in the Zaporizhia region as well.
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case