Parliament Speaker: “Elections in Donbas impossible with militants in the streets”
According to Andriy Parubiy, local elections in Donbas are possible only under condition of security measures
Speaker of Ukrainian parliament Andriy Parubiy believes, that local elections on occupied territories of Donbas are possible only after implementation of all items of Minsk agreements and provision of security measures. Parubiy stated this in an interview to “Interfax-Ukraina”.
According to the Speaker, it is necessary to create preconditions for the elections.
“The discussion regarding local elections in Donbas must be philosophic and ideological, not only technical. Preconditions must be created for the elections”, - he emphasized.
Speaker of Verkhovna Rada believes, that elections in Donbas are impossible with militants walking around residential areas carrying weapons.
“I am an adherent of Minsk agreements, which ensure citizens on temporary occupied territories, as well as other citizens of Ukraine, exercising their rights to choose leaders they trust, instead of leaders, who have heavier weapons”, - Parubiy explained.
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain